Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and self defence system that places emphasis on take-downs, throws, joint locks, chokes and other submission holds to control a situation.
The Gracies developed techniques that are efficient and work well for everyone regardless of size or strength. BJJ centres on simple, easy to learn techniques that allow you to defeat larger opponents in real situations.
The art offers something for everyone; men, women and children can
enjoy the benefits of the simple and effective techniques as a method self defence, to keep fit and as a combat sport.
Balance Jiu Jitsu Ireland is a community, we strive to provide the best instruction with highly qualified teachers in a safe, clean and relaxed learning environment. Our facilities are fully equipped with a permanently matted training area, changing rooms and shower facilities.
Take a look at our programs, we are sure you will find one to suit your needs. Call, email or drop in to visit us, one of our staff members can go through all the details with you.
Balance Jiu Jitsu Ireland are a Team Balance affiliate with Relson Gracie 5th degree black belt Phil Migliarese of Philadelphia.
Ray Butcher is head coach, he is a BJJ Black belt with over 40 years experience in martial arts.
You can find our timetable *Here!*
BJJ Classes available:
* 4 week Gracie Jiu Jitsu Basics Course (16+ Beginners)
* Gracie Jiu Jitsu Gi (with uniform) Intermediate and Advanced levels
* Gracie Jiu Jitsu No Gi (Students wear shorts or gi pants and t shirt)
* Gracie Jiu Jitsu Competition training – members only
* BJJ Kids (7 – 13 year olds)
* Open Mat – free practice time – members only
* Private Lessons available, please contact us for details